Thursday, December 6, 2012

Beauty Products Galore: what do you have too much of?



I've been participating in several beauty box subscriptions for about a year now and at times I've been up to my eyeballs in sample beauty products!  Which ones do I subscribe to?  It seems just about all of them and they are all a little different and provide a variety of beauty samples.  My biggest gripe in the surprise of a monthly beauty box is that I'm not sure any of the samples are "specially curated just for me" which is fine because most of them do a great job at providing sample products that I have really enjoyed.  Others make me believe that I'm going to receive a great box then I feel like I end up with the leftovers.  I know this by reading the posts of bloggers who
actually received (IMHO) a really great box.  Luckily some of the sample subscriptions allow you to pick your samples and/or to skip a month if you want to. All in all, in paying only $10 or $12 a month (some are a bit more expensive) it really isn't all that bad.  Here's a list of products that I have too much of:
1.  Mascara - b/c of my contact lenses I don't normally wear mascara since if it gets into my eyes the rest of my day is toast.

2.  Perfume: these must be the cheapest samples to provide. I'm allergic to 99% of perfumes due to skin allergies and sneezing yet there isn't a way I've found yet to prevent receiving them.  I will admit that I have made 2 purchases from samples I've received, but that's like 2 out of 50 samples.

3.  Lip gloss: I have way too many in all colors and desperately try to hand them out to anyone who will take them.  Lip gloss is too thick, too thick and too thick.  The colors are not what I would pick to wear and the gloss gets all over everything.

Its been interesting to read several beauty boards where the members complain about all the unwanted samples they receive yet they glorify the samples in their reviews.  There are also many "swap" sights which I think is great to get rid of what you don't want and to pick up what you do want.  These "swap" sights are great at determining what most subscribers really like and really don't.  I hope the companies are listening-it could make a big difference. (hint hint).

So, fellow beauty box subscriber: what products do you have too much of?  Please share I'd love to know I'm not the only one (or am I?) ummm

No comments:

Post a Comment